Sunday 23 August 2009

Sea Fishing at Porthcurno Cornwall August 17 August 2009

I must make it clear from the start I'm no Sea Fisherman,but every time we go to Cornwall on holiday I always take a telescopic rod and some pike bungs and some No10 hooks and 20lb line. This kit enables me to fish from the rocks below the Minack Theatre at Porthcurno.
The fish I'm after is the Pollock,the ones I catch aint very big, maybe a pound or two, but they go like stink and give a very good fight. This time was a time of very low tides, so the sport was a bit thin, but I connected with two Pollock both of which fought like mad.
The major difference between the majority of my fishing and sea fishing is I tend to keep the catch for the plate, Pollock aint the best fish for the table, but if you wrap them in foil and give them 20-30 minutes on the BBQ they melt in your moulth.
If ever you're in Cornwall, near Land's End head for Porthcurno, look for the Minack Theatre and walk along the Coastal Path then scramble along some rocks and look for a flat platform and fish from there, use small bits of Mackrel for bait and fish the tide on the way in, and always try fishing feathers for Mackrel, they're not always there but when they are you're in for some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment