Sunday 7 March 2010

Saturday 6 March Dunham Massey and Oughtrington

I thought I'd give the Dunham Massey stretch of the Bridgewater a try. A cold overcast day with a slight breeze. I did'nt get a touch in either Dunham Massy or Oughtrington, but I did see a pair of Kestrels hunting around the narrow section of the breach at Dunham, it was great to watch them swoop down on their prey.
I had a look at the River Bollin where it passes under the canal, I'll give that a try next season.
Bought a new Landing Net from Decathlon, but the mesh was too fine and would easily get snagged when using Lures or Trebble Hooks, so I transfered the actual net from the Landing Net we broke last week onto the new Landing net body. The new landing net extends futher than the old one did.

No comments:

Post a Comment