Thursday 27 January 2011

Try Again on the Bridgewater for Pike in the next couple of Days, Hand Permitting

Just read Franks Weekly article in the Warrington Guardian, in it, he mentions a member had a cracking session in Lymm and landed some Pike after he saw them scattering scholes of small fish.
I have a theory as why Lymm is such a good area for Pike during the cold months, I reckon as it's a village, and sheltered on both sides of the canal, the water is slightly warmer, and there are lots of moored boats, as it's winter the boats don't move, therefor the warmer water attracts the prey fish and the stationary boats give the Pike a good hiding place. But of course that could be (and probably is) a load of rubbish
The only problem is I've broken my hand again! so I'm not sure if I could cope with a monster (I should be so lucky) I might try over the weekend or early next week, I'll have to see how the hand goes.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Llp,
    I hope your injured hand gets sorted soon, As for your theory, Well it makes sence to me, And it stands to reason the Pike will go to the warmer waters to catch there food, So you must be right,
    Get well soon,
    ,,,Paddy,,,

    ReplyDelete